One of the most common questions we get from new clients is, “Should we have a newsletter?” The answer is (probably) yes. So, should your practice have a newsletter? The answer is also (probably) yes.
Dollar for dollar, well-crafted and planned newsletters are a great way to reach potential patients and solidify relationships with existing ones. They form a key part of your medical practice’s content strategy with the ultimate goal of driving patients to your website and through the front door. Newsletters keep patients interacting with your practice long after their appointment is complete, and it helps them easily share your practice information with friends and family either digitally or physically depending on which route you take.
We work with dozens of medical practices ranging from single providers to multi-location practices with 25+ physicians. The majority of them use at least email newsletters; however, around a quarter of practices also employ a printed copy.
How can you easily determine which format is right for you? Tune in to find out. In this episode we’ll answer that question and much more, including:
- The difference between printed and email newsletters and the benefits of each
- What relationship marketing is and how newsletters can contribute to its success
- How newsletters can generate new patient relationships and strengthen ties with existing patients
- The best ways to plan, design, and distribute both email and printed newsletters
- How to get started tomorrow to create a newsletter and build a mailing list
If you have a question not addressed above feel free to contact us on Twitter or shoot us an email by clicking here.