It’s no secret more patients than ever before are turning to the internet and to online review sites such as HealthGrades.com, Google.com, RateMDs.com, Vitals.com and Yelp.com before choosing their healthcare provider.
Here are some of the stats to prove it:
- A single review on Yelp or Google can affect your annual income by as much as 10% (Huffington Post)
- One in five users seek online reviews / rankings before choosing a healthcare facility or provider (Pew Internet Research)
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from real people (Bright Local)
- 72% of consumers believe positive reviews allow them to trust a local business more (Bright Local)
- 52% of smartphone owners, have used their phone to look up health or medical information (Pew Internet Research)