Doctors and practice managers can easily have a competitive advantage if they know how to build relationships with their local television stations to send out their marketing messages. When adding new physicians, offering unique treatments or implementing new technologies can reach a broad audience by connecting with television stations – and it may be simpler than you think.
In this episode, Shannon Delaney, planning editor for Central Florida’s Spectrum News 13, joins guest host Keith Landry, to discuss the best ways for doctors and managers to push through the newsroom maze at local television stations and get covered on the news.
Delaney offers insider insights on what editors and planners in TV newsrooms want to see in your story idea and news release.
Tune in to discover:
- Why building your story idea around a character to capture coverage is key
- How to write your news release to make life easy for editors and planners
- The reason building relationships inside the newsroom must be part of your plan
- A strategy to become a frequent guest on newscasts
- The benefit to holding your event during the week, not on weekends